Best Vibration Plates and Toner Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best vibration plates and toners, that are currently available on the UK marketplace. Vibration training or Whole Vibration Training (WBV) as it is better known has not been out that long.
It jumped into the fitness scene around 2010 and has grown to be ever more popular. That seems to be especially true for the ladies rather than for men, though some guys and even some professional athletes do use this.
Mainly these vibration power plates are used to tone or shape the body and they are also used frequently as part of a weight loss program. Many of you may remember the machines, where you fastened a belt around your waist, or hips and then it shook your entire body to help tone it into shape. Well the principle with these vibration toner plates is similar except it has become a lot more refined.
With these vibrating platforms, your body is quite literally pushed into making small adjustments to help you keep your balance on the platform. On the vibration plate machines, you have the options to stand, sit or even lie on a machine. Once switched on, the machine vibrates.
As it does this energy is transferred to your body, and that makes your muscles contract and relax dozens of times every second. The activity may cause you to feel as if you're exerting yourself. even though your body has not moved as we understand movement.
These small changes in your body are often termed rapid muscle contractions. Depending on the speed the platform is moving the faster the muscles have to contract and release. This is what helps create shape and toning to the body.
Top 10 Vibration Plate Summary Reviews
Just below we have listed the top 10 vibration plates according to online buyers:
We researched the various websites that sell these vibration plates. On most of those buyers have the opportunity to leave a buyer rating. some of those websites use a 5 star rating sch as Amazon, where as others may use a 1-5 rating and some use a 1-10 rating.
We look at all of those, collect them and calculate an average buyer satisfaction rating, which we express as a percentage. You can see the percentage beside the product name just below.
- Confidence Pro Fitness Vibration Plate Trainer (90%)
- Mirafit Vibration Power Plate Gym Machine (90%)
- 4D Triple Motor Vibration Plate (90%)
- Bluefin Fitness Ultra Slim Vibration Plate (88%)
- Bluefin Fitness Vibration Plate Pro Model (86%)
- ZAAP TX-5000 Power Vibration Trainer (86%)
- Roneyville Ultra Compact Thin Vibration Power Plate (84%)
- Confidence VibeSlim Vibration Fitness Trainer Plate (82%)
- VIBRAPOWER Slim 2 Power Vibration Plate Trainer (82%)
- Confidence Vibetone Vibration Trainer (78%)
1. - Confidence Pro Fitness Vibration Plate Trainer Review
- This is a professional vibration plate trainer will help you reach your goals
- Dimensions: 735 x 695 x 1220 mm
- Weight of machine: 28 Kg
- Maximum power: 600 Watts
- Maximum user weight: 150kg.
- Suits all ages and fitness levels
- Set your own speeds and density
- Very well made and easy to assemble
- Quiet when running
2. - Mirafit Vibration Power Plate Gym Machine Review
- This plates is available in black,green or orange
- The display shows time, speed & program
- There are 99 speed levels
- It also has 9 Pre-set programs and 3 Foot positions for walking, jogging & running effects
- Has a wireless remote control allows you to change settings during exercise
- Also has detachable resistance bands to add variety to your workout
- Portable as it has handles & roller wheel
- Anti-jamming & anti-static protection
- Maximum user weight: 150 kg
- Rated power: 1000 watts
- Measures W: 68cm - D: 38cm - H: 14.5cm
3. - 4D Triple Motor Vibration Plate Review
- This is expensive but it is a very high end gym quality machine
- Uses 4D Motion: 3 silent drive motors deliver Vibration, Oscillation and Micro Vibration
- It also has magnetic therapy sensors so as you can experience reflexology-like massage mid workout or while seated
- It also helps stimulate feet and leg blood flow circulation and soothe tired muscles
- Has an LED Stop Light System: Ultra bright LEDs tell you how intense your plate is working with Red, Orange and Green. Check your fitness progress with a glance
- 3 carefully designed program options and 7 challenging manual combinations for great variety.
- Has bluetooth 4.0 speakers for crisp & clear sound
- Also has a wearable remote control, easy to use control panel & settings
4. - Bluefin Fitness Ultra Slim Vibration Plate Review
- These plates use a silent vibro drive motor for no-noise fitness workout in a super slim plate
- Has a large non slip surface for effective exercise
- They offer 100% SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK
- Comes with bluetooth speakers
- Diet & Nutrition guides
- Resistance cables for full body workout options
- Also has a remote control
- 180 levels of vibration speed
- 5 In-built programmes will keep your muscles guessing and your workouts interesting
5. - Bluefin Fitness Vibration Plate Pro Model Review
- Available in black or matt black
- This is Bluefin's Professional model
- It is the ultimate total home workout station
- Easy to set it up and a console makes it easy to use
- It has comfortable arm supports, extra lower body action with 360 hip rotation
- It also has BMI guide technology, and a spacious workout platform for squats etc
- Comes with a 100% SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK
- Also has bluetooth speakers
- Diet & Nutrition guides
- Resistance cables for full body workout options
- 10 workout programs and 180 intensity levels
6. - ZAAP TX-5000 Power Vibration Trainer Review
- This one is designed to increase muscle mass, and also for cellulite/body fat reduction
- Buyers say it helps with improved circulation and balance, along with reduced stress and fatigue
- 10 minutes on this machine can replace up to an hour of conventional workout
- Machine weight 28kg
- Has a 600 watt motor
- Display shows time/speed/pulse
- 50 incremental speed settings
- Maximum user weight 120kg
- 3 auto built-in workout programs
- Machine size : 70 x 60 x 122 cm
7. - Roneyville Ultra Compact Thin Vibration Power Plate Review
- 180 Speeds Levels
- 5 Auto Modes + Manual mode
- Easy to operate multi-functional touch sensitive control panel / console with LEDs plus remote
- Uses Pivotal vibration which is easier on joints than vertical vibration found on cheaper models
- High quality vibration massager with ergonomic construction
- Handle grip on bottom with roller wheel for easy transport and maneuverability
- Overload current protection, anti-jamming and anti-static.
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Also has a remote control
- Also has resistance arm bands for full-body sculpting
8. - Confidence VibeSlim Vibration Fitness Trainer Plate w/Straps + Remote Control Review
- This plate can provide you with a total body workout in just 10 minutes
- Give you hundreds more muscle contraction cycles
Instability the platform creates causes your muscles to work overtime and effectively
- Comes with adjustable straps for your upper body workout
- 50 speed settings to get the perfect level of intensity for your workout
- Measures 80 x 45 x 15 cm
- Weighs 18.5 Kg
9. - VIBRAPOWER Slim 2 Power Vibration Plate Trainer with Free DVD, Resistance Bands + Remote Watch Review
- This vibration plate boasts a lighter, modernised design and more features than ever including a built-in calorie counter and RC watch for effortless workout control
Fully adaptable with 20 speeds and oscillating platform to enhance movements
Dimensions 77 cm x 44 cm x 13 cm, Weight 15.8 kg
Contents 1 x Vibrapower Slim 2, 1 x Remote Control, 2 x Resistance Bands, 1 x Power Cord, 1 x Instruction Manual, 1 x Vibrapower Slim DVD
10. - Confidence Vibetone Vibration Trainer Review
- Speed range 1-16 levels
- Rotation speed 820-2100 rpm
- Auto and manual operation
- Weighs 11.3 Kg
- 120 watts of power
- Easy to assemble
Vibration Plate Buying Guide
Just below we have produced an extensive buying guide. This is particularly helpful if you are considering buying a vibration plate to use at home.
Is a Vibration Toner Plate Right for You?
If you plan on buying and using a vibration plate in your home, then you should know that this is a full body workout. Primarily it increases circulation and then over a short period of time you can build up strength and great toning.
For those who want to lose weight then this does offer a good solution. With this you can do just 10-minute sessions two to three times a day.
What Are Your Expectations from Using the Vibration Fitness Method?
As with any piece of fitness equipment it is always advised to get a check up with your GP before starting. This is especially true for anyone who has not exercised in a long time and wants to try and change that lifestyle. The benefits of using a vibration toner I have listed below:
- A vibration plate takes a little getting used to when first used
- You do a range of exercises all of which tone and do most of the work for you
- Is a good piece of equipment to use as it requires minimum effort on your part
- Great for toning and weight loss
- Great for improving the circulation
- Good for people recovering from an injury
- They do not take up much room
Disadvantages of a Vibration System or Plates
It is always worth pointing out the disadvantages of using this method
- When first used they can impact on the joints
- You do need to learn how to use these and which exercises work best
- It is a little lazy exercise (still tough) but no running or great movement required
The video below gives you a very good overview of the features to look for if you are considering buying a plate for your own home use.
You can see that by changing positions and increasing the platform speed, then you can work on different parts of the body, and to get different fitness results such as toning vs strengthening. It is fair to say that if you just used this to lose weight or get into really good shape that it will help a little.
If you want this to be highly effective you do need to improve the diet, and in my opinion take on some other type of cardio-vascular training such as walking or jogging.
These are pretty new to the market and the price variation for the different models of machines is pretty insane. They vary from about £100 and all the way up to a few thousand pounds. For home us there is no need to go crazy and one at around £100 is perfect.
It is pretty obvious that the more you can afford to spend then the better the machine you can buy. After all, you do get what you pay for. Many of these plates come with different programs and various features, and it is the number of these that you actually end up paying for.
These features can get quite technical so I will try not to bore you with those and I will cover those in my quick buying guide below.
Vibration Plate Key Features
Just below we have listed and explained the key features to be aware of, if you are considering buying a vibration plate machine.
Like treadmills these also need a motor and it is that which takes your weight and moves the plates. The power of a motor is measured in watts and is also referred to as Horse Power (HP).
In all honesty, it is not that important as long as the motor is powerful enough to drive the machine, and is also built to last. The higher rated the motor is the better and the longer it will last. Always keep an eye out for warranties on both the machine and the motor.
A quiet and a more powerful motor is best. These motors inside this vibration style of machine usually range from about 120 to around 900 Watts. All motors will generate some noise but I have always found that the larger the motor the quieter it is.
That is simply because it can handle the load much better without feeling under any strain. For me the only time noise becomes an issue when training if you are doing it in a shared space where someone else may be wanting to watch TV. (That can result in a lot of moaning from a partner or sibling)
Vibration Frequency Rate
You will not see this in any other piece of exercise equipment. This measurement is all about how fast the plates can move. It is usually measured in "impulses per second." Frequency uses a measurement called "Hertz." (Hz) So if on your machine you see 60 Hz, that simply means the plates move up and down 60 times every second.
Lower frequencies are better for beginners or for those who have not exercised for a while. They also work well for simple massage purposes or for those trying to recover from an injury. Other than that a higher frequency gives you a better overall workout.
This sounds like a fancy term but it really is not. This is simply the distance the plate travels from the lowest to the highest position. This is almost always measured in just millimetres. The higher this number is then the more intense the workout will be.
For walking a cheaper treadmill with a shorter deck will do the job nicely. These are basic treadmills with a maximum speed of around 10 mph. They also will have a feature where you can set an incline or slope. Usually this is set to a maximum of 10 degrees.
Other Important Features
The features we have shown above are the most important to understand. However, there are other features that you should be aware of, as they can improve your entire fitness experience using these machines.
Pre- Set Programs
It does depend on which model you buy as to what programs will be available on them. These help offer a range of workouts that are pre-programmed or that you can set up.
The instructions that come with your product will be able to show what these are and what they are used for. These are useful if you have no idea how to go about using one of these and I do like to have them.
The simple thing to remember here is that bigger is better. The bigger it is the wider range of exercises you can do and in more comfort. The bigger plate size will of course require a larger motor to make it work efficiently.
This will also make the price of the model more expensive. That said you do not have to worry about falling off and it just makes the whole machine feel a great deal more solid.
Vibration Plate Accessories
Some people buy what is termed a compact model which is simply with one with no bars to hold on to. They do work out slightly cheaper and if you decide on one of those, then look for one that has upper body straps. It means you get a wider range of exercising options for the whole body.
You can also buy mats to go on top of the plate to help reduce the intensity of a workout. They help a little with the grip on your feet but in all honesty I think they are a waste of money. You can also buy dampening for underneath your machine to help reduce the noise.
Vibration Plate Warranties and Guarantees
This is just common sense and giving you peace of mind. Make sure that you are happy with the warranty as this is your money. Lower priced models usually come with 12 months cover.
All warranties will come with terms & conditions which include usage (domestic or commercial) and maximum user weight. Make sure to check as violating a warranty makes it null and void.
Hopefully this has given you a better understanding of what types of vibration plates are best for you. At least you know what types are available in the UK market.