3 Best Wall Mounted Pull Up Bars UK Reviews
You can do a variety of pull up and chin up exercises with a solid wall mounted pull up bar. In this article we review and compare the top 3 rated pull up bars suitable for mounting on a wall, that are currently available on the UK market
Pull up bars come in 4 distinct types which are:
- Wall mounted
- Ceiling mounted
- Over the door
- Stand alone
In this article we are focusing on the best stand alone pull up bars that are currently available in the UK. By owning any type of pull up bar or chin up bar the bottom line is that you have a piece of home gym equipment that is very useful.
In particular these types of bars are affordable for most people, and are a perfect choice for working the upper body muscles, including the biceps, triceps, shoulder, back and chest muscles.
It is also fair to say that they can be tough to use especially if you have not done pull-ups before. They can however be achieved with some practise and a little technique, and the benefits of these are immense, for creating an amazing body structure.
When it comes to wall mounted pull up bars in particular, there are however a few things worth knowing.
Who Should Buy a Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar?
Most users will want one of these to do either basic pull ups or chin ups. The most popular type of bar is one that quickly mounts over a door frame. Those are easy to quickly attach and remove when not in use.
However for anyone with a weak door frame, or a narrow door frame that type is not really suitable. In that case you will be better off with either a wall mounted or a ceiling mounted bar.
Likewise anyone wanting to work out using a pull up bar in a space like a garage or outdoor shed, will also be better off with a wall mounted bar. Likewise most wall mounted bars are suitable for outdoor use.
Top 3 Buyer Rated Wall Mounted Pull Up Bars
The top 3 wall mounted pull up bars, currently available in the UK are:
- Mirafit Heavy Duty Black & Silver Multi Grip Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
- Physionics Chin Up Pull up Power Bar Exercise Upper Body Workout Strength Training Wall Mount 350kg
- ScSPORTS 10000485 Pull-Up Bar for Wall
We have read all of the reviews on these which were left by real life UK buyers. They bought these products, used them and then took the time to leave a review. We have then summarised those reviews to save you the time of having to do that.
In each of the reviews below, we have then given a product description, along with a pros and cons list, based on what actual buyers had to say about these pull up bars.
Gold Choice - Mirafit Heavy Duty Black & Silver Multi Grip Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
- We made this one our gold choice as the review rating on this bar is extremely high at 97% buyer satisfaction.
- This bar is also from the excellent Mirafit brand, a brand well known for making high quality and reliable fitness equipment.
- This bar measures 121 cm wide 61 cm deep and 47 cm high. Please note that this bar does not come with any tools to do the actual mounting, but it does come with actual wall fixings, which are expansion bolts.
- You will need a hammer drill and a 14 mm masonry drill bit to be able to mount this to the wall.
- The maximum weight that this bar will support is up to 150 Kg (330 lbs/23.5 stones)
- The bar itself is a black and silver powder coated finish, that has been built to last and has 5 different hand position grips.
- 92% of buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- No buyer so far has given this one a bad rating
- Lots of variations for hand placement which is important to a pull up bar user
- Buyers said this bar was very easy to install
- Buyers also said this bar was very easy to use
- No bad ratings, but a few buyers said that they bought anchor sleeves rather then use the ones that were supplied
Buyers said very clearly that this bar was easy to set up and easy to use, and they loved the fact that there were multiple hand positions. They also said that the bar was of very high quality and was certainly built to last.
This bar, according to the manufacturer is not suitable for outdoors. That said many buyers have still gone ahead and done that. A couple of buyers then said that you may notice rust spots after some time where the welds have been made in the metal.
They then applied a little paint there and everything worked out fine. In summary buyers loved their purchase and there were certainly, at the time of writing this review, no complaints about this bar at all. That explains why we made this our gold selection.
Silver Choice - Physionics Chin Up Pull up Power Bar Exercise Upper Body Workout Strength Training Wall Mount 350kg
- In second place we found this one which is excellent value for money. That makes this one a great choice for anyone on a tight budget, or who wants to try a pull up bar for the first time.
- Buyers rated this one with an 84% buyer satisfaction rating. That is not as good as our gold choice, but it is still a very good rating.
- This is a sturdy steel piping construction with a maximum allowable load of up to 350 Kg (770lbs/55 stones)
- It measures 95cm wide, 50 cm deep and 18 cm high and weighs about 4.7 kg
- Please note this does now come with wall mountings although originally they didn’t. The width between the fixing brackets is 24” and each bracket has four bolts
- The bar comes in two parts and it is easy to assemble and mount. The grips have a foam rubber covering, and this bar is suitable for beginners and advanced users alike.
- 55% of buyers gave this pull up bar a full 5 star rating
- Buyers said this bar was very sturdy and robust
- Buyers said once the bar was mounted it felt nice and solid
- The bar that crosses between both supports) does not have any protection so some buyers have taped that with a gripping tape
- 7% of all buyers gave this one a bad rating
- Most of these complaints refer to the fact that originally there were no fixing bolts with this product, but you do get them now
Most buyers recommended using M8 sleeve anchors (65 mm long) to attach this to the wall.
Like the first one many buyers have fitted this one outside to a brick garage wall, and it is holding up well. This bar is in our opinion not as good as the first one, but it is considerably cheaper.
Bronze Choice - ScSPORTS 10000485 Pull-Up Bar for Wall
- This is our bronze choice and the reason for that is that is is pretty new to the market, so there is not a great deal of information or reviews to go on.
- That said, any reviews that do exist rate this pull up bar highly with a 90% buyer satisfaction rating.
- It is made out of hollow steel and comes with the concrete dowels for fixing to the wall. It has a maximum load of 150 Kg (330 lbs/23.5 stones)
- The bar measures 96 cm long, 20 cm wide and 49 cm high and weighs 5.6 Kg
- The interchangeable handles have a non-slip coating and there are a lot of different handle options to allow you to do a varied workout.
- 90% of buyers give this one a 5 star rating
- Very well made and built to last
- Easy to assemble
- Very well finished
- No buyer has given this one a bad rating
This is a very good pull up/chin up bar that is wall mounted. It is grat for working the biceps, triceps, back and stomach muscles. This bar also works well for strengthening the chest, back, shoulders and abdominal muscles.
How To Fit a Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
When it comes to fitting a wall mounted pull up bar, ideally you want to be able to fit this to what is termed a "solid wall."
Fitting Your Bar to a Solid Wall
In the UK a solid wall is one that is made of brick or cement block. If you have that type of wall then that will hold any pull up bar, and practically any weight.
To fit a pull up bar you normally need to attach a couple of wall brackets using some type of compression bolt. That means you will need to drill the wall using a hammer drill and a masonry drill bit. As long as you have the right drill and bit, drilling the holes is pretty easy.
Most bars come with the correct bolts, so make sure that you buy and use a masonry drill bit that is suitable for the size of the fixing. Mark the bracket positions, drill the holes, and then fit the brackets to the wall using the bolts. The bar then normally slots into the bracket. Always check the assembly instructions for the exact method.
The bottom line is to make sure the bar is straight, horizontal and very secure.
Joist Mounted Pull Up Bar
With a stud wall you need to be very careful and very precise. It is easy enough to fit a picture or a mirror to a stud wall, but securing a wall mounted pull up bar to a stud wall is a very different thing.
Stud walls are basically a timber frame with plasterboard on top of those and then a coat of plaster for a nice finish. You cannot hang a pull up bar into the plasterboard as it is not strong enough. You have to try and find the wooden joist and attach the bracket to that using screw in bolts.
To do that you may need a stud finder and you also need to be careful that no electrical cables or water pipes are running along the stud wall.
We would advise using a wall mounted wall bar on a stud wall as they are very difficult to fit properly. If you have no other choice though this can be done as long as you find the joists, and make 100% sure that each bracket is attached to a joist.
Conclusion on Wall Mounted Pull Up/Chin Up Bars
We would recommend using an over the door pull up bar as that is easy to put up, and then remove when you have finished exercising.
If however you want to use your pull up bar outside, in a garage, or if you have weak door frames, then a wall mounted pull up bar is your next best option. The second best choice would be a wall mounted pull up bar dip station of some kind.
As long as you are attaching one of these to a solid concrete or brick wall, then this is a very good option. We would recommend that you avoid, if at all possible attaching a wall mounted chin up bar to a stud or internal wall.
If you would like to read about the different types of pull up bars available, then please check out our article on the top 10 pull up bars in the UK.
Hopefully this article has helped you out if you have been trying to find the best wall mounted pull up bar currently available in the UK.