This is our detailed review of the Body Sculpture BR3010. This one is primarily a rowing machine, but also doubles up as a mini gym. On this rower you can do a number of different fitness exercises. These are aimed at building strength and muscle. These exercises also help to burn calories and fat.
What makes this piece of equipment different, is that it is a basic rowing machine. However by using the handles it can also be used to strengthen the upper torso, including the arms, shoulders back and even the abs.
The rowing element of this equipment has three tension cords and these can be adjusted to either low, medium or high resistance. That is useful for starting off easily and working your way up through the resistance strengths.
The gym element of this equipment is then used for muscle toning and can be used to strengthen the arms, chest, shoulders, lats and abs. So this is a pretty useful and affordable piece of equipment.
Key Features of the BR3010
- Folds away for easy storage
- Has very basic adjustable resistance
- Large foot plates with adjustable and secure straps
- The display measures time, stroke count, total count, calories and scan
- The gym element helps work the arms, chest, back, shoulders, and abs
- 75" long
- Weighs 16 Kg
- Sturdy steel tubular frame
- Seat slides back and forth when rowing
- Comes with an instructional DVD that contains workouts.
Video Review of the Body Sculpture BR3010
It is always helpful to see a video. This one shows the key features of this Body Sculpture model. It also takes you through a number of different routines that you can use.
How Online Buyers Rated the BR3010
- There are hundreds of buyers online and overall they have given this a buyer satisfaction rating of 86% with over 1200 reviews
- 61% of all buyers gave these a 5 star rating
- Around 6% of all buyers gave this a bad review
Body Sculpture BR3010 Pros
- Easy to assemble and use though the instructions are vague - takes 20-30 minutes and tools are supplied
- Really good being able to row, and then to quickly change to a gym style feature
- Good for beginners to rowing, but not for someone who wants to really workout hard
- Solid construction and feels stable
Body Sculpture BR3010 Cons
- This is not gym standard. For this price you are not going to get that type of quality
- The DVD is just ok
- Taller people said that the seat hit against the rear stops
Summary of the BR3010 Rower Gym Review
If you are looking for a rowing machine, that you can also use to some other gym style exercises, then this one works. It is not gym standard but it is adequate for the home. Some buyers believed that for this price, they were getting a gym class product. That is a bit unrealistic.
For what this does the price is fair enough. This rowing machine would suit the beginner who expects to use it a few times a week. Overall buyers rated this rowing machine/gym with an 86% buyer satisfaction, which has been consistently good.