The JLL R200 is a rowing machine, that has been designed for home use. So if you prefer to do your workout, in the privacy of your own home, then this model is certainly worth a look. It has an RRP of £210, but you will be able to find it discounted, at many stores. More on that later, as for now we want to see what buyers have to say about this rowing machine model.
Many of our readers prefer to watch a video, as that gives them a better sense of what they are thinking of buying. We found this one at YouTube, and we think it is really useful.
Video Review of the JLL R200 Rower
In this video you will see what it looks like, and also how long it takes to get it set up.
So as you can see, it is pretty easy to set it up by yourself. Just make sure you have a pair of scissors to open everything up quickly. You can also see how easy it is to use, and how to very quickly change the resistance level, on the machine.
What Buyers Say About the JLL R200
When buying any product, it is always worthwhile reading reviews. These are ideal as these are people who have bought the product, used it, and then taking the time to leave the review. Below we have summarised the number of stars given collectively to this JLL 200. These are ratings based on stars, with the highest rating being 5 stars. The overall average rating is 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Around 2/3 of the buyers rated it as a 5 star product. 87% rate it as a 4 star product or higher, and any poor ratings are pretty low. For a machine, at this price, the ratings are solid and also very reliable.
This is also one of the best sellers over at Amazon. At the moment it is also heavily discounted, so well worth a look at that.
Detailed Review of the JLL R200 Home Rowing Machine
In this part of our article, we will have a much closer look, at the specific details of this rowing machine option. We will start with the key and most important features.
- This machine is suitable for people up to 100 Kg in weight (220 lbs or 16 stones)
- It has ten levels of magnetic resistance, which allow you to start out easy, and then increase the resistance of your workout, as your overall strength increases
- It measures 180 x 52 x 49 cm (71 x 20.5 x 19.3 inches)
- It weighs 23 Kg (51 lbs)
- This rowing machine does fold up which is a great space saver.
- It also has wheels built in, and that makes it easy to move around
- It has an easy to read LCD display which shows stroke count, calories burned, the count per minute, distance covered, the time and also a scan display
- High quality padded seat, with textured foot plates for easy grip
- Has a 12 month warranty
So as you can see from the above, the specification is good. For a machine at this price, you get enough features to make it a very good machine, for completing your rowing workouts. Below we have summarised what the many buyers like, and dislike about the JLL R200 machine.
- Set up is pretty straightforward - takes about 20-30 minutes
- A good quality machine, that feels very sturdy
- The machine is quiet
- Has a nice range of resistance levels
- LCD display is good
- Good value for money at the discounted price
- The fact that this folds away, makes it a great choice for many buyers
- A great entry level rowing macine
- Initially the foot rests seem a little strange to get used to
- Understanding the LCD display takes a bit of time
R200 Buyer Summary
It is fair to say that this is not a gym quality rowing machine. After all those cost around £2,000. This model is designed for use at home, and for under £260, it is more than good enough. There are as we mentioned ten levels of resistance. The level is changed by simply turning a knob.
At the lowest level, the resistance is very low, so ideal for using if recovering from an injury. It is also an ideal resistance to practise your actual rowing style. As you increase the resistance, you will see a clear difference. At the maximum, this rowing machine will give you a pretty robust workout.
If I had to make a complaint, then it would be about the LCD display. In our opinion, this could have been made better. It needs a couple of batteries for it to work. The numbers are easily visible but only in right light conditions. In brighter light, they can be hard to see.
Our Verdict on the JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Overall the reviews are very good and the discounted price does represent, good value for money.
This is a good entry level rowing machine. It is well made, good quality and feel sturdy to sit on.
The resistance levels are good, the LCD display does have all the important information, and as a result you will get a good workout.
There are almost no complaints about this machine. Those that do exist are mainly about the price, and about the resistance not being high enough. To get higher levels the bottom line is you would need to be prepared to pay more. You can check out our top 10 list of rowing machines here.
This JLL R200 will be good enough for most people though, and we would not hesitate in recommending it to you.
88% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews